buy now Hi friends! One of the rooms/projects I’ve never shown is my master bathroom makeover. It started off as a scary space. Though it’s not a grandiose master ensuite, it did come out exactly how I wanted and has all of my favorite things: white Carrera marble, black and white, and stripes of course 😉 Looking back, I think it was my first intentional remodel. Intentional meaning that it was caused my some home related disaster. It was actually planned 🙂 Honestly, I surprised myself that it turned out the way I hoped it would!
I should mention this space is pretty small. So small in fact that I took off my bathroom door so I could have another 8 inches of space while I was standing in front of the sink and mirror getting ready in the morning. Even though there is one less door in the house, I still have other interior doors to get fitted around the house.
Not to mention, I had the bruises on my hips from banging into the door so many times.
Okay, is the print above my sink not the best thing ever? I laughed so hard when I saw it, that I HAD to buy it. The print is no longer available, but here is the link to the shop.
The towels are actually from Walmart!
Because of the size of the bathroom, I knew I needed to do the following things:
- Go all white to make the space feel bigger.
- Get rid of the ugly cabinet below the sink and go with a pedestal sink. The cabinet took up too much visual space, and it was hard to get into since there wasn’t much space to open the cabinet doors.
- Go with a solid 100% transparent frameless glass showers. This would allow the eye to think the space extended into the shower. You better believe there is squigee in my shower and I use it every day!
- Move the shower head up about 18 inches. I am only 5’9″ and most showers are awkwardly too low. I can’t imagine how most men manage. Everyone who has ever taken a shower in my bathroom has told me how much they loved it.
- Put in a medicine cabinet. For real, all I had was this tiny one built into the wall. It was totally useless. Now I have a mirror/cabinet combo.
The gold and white striped tumbler cup is from At Home.
I LOVE the print that is to the right of my sink! The moment I found it on Etsy and instantly knew it had to be mine. I hope the shop owner decides to bring it back. For real, how can you not bust out laughing when you see that?!
The mirrored kleenex holder is from Kirkland’s. I got it on clearance for $5 a couple years ago.
The shell soap holder on my sink and silver soap holder on my shelf are from HomeGoods.
Sorry for the sun glare on the photos. I clearly need to up my photography game!
Hope you enjoyed my little master bathroom makeover! See you next time 😉