Happy Holidays everyone!
Are you all decorated for Christmas? I got everything up this weekend. I love how cozy my home feels when I have everything up. It makes up for the bitter cold outside my window 😉
One of the DIY projects I get the most compliments on is my FaLaLaLaLa gold glitter banner. What’s crazy is that is probably one of my easiest – and CHEAPEST craft projects ever!
visit website Here is what I used:
- a couple sheets of 12″ x 12″ gold glitter scrapbook paper. I got mine at Michael’s for $1 each.
- leftover jute rope that I had laying around
- my trusty hot glue gun
- my computer
order now How I Did It:
- Using Microsoft Word (told you this was easy), I used Arial Bold Font and typed in capital letters: F A L. I kept making the letter as big as I could until they were the size I envisioned for the banner.
- Then I print the letters, cut them out and traced them on the back of the gold glitter scrapbook paper. Make sure you trace them “face down” so after you cut them, the letter are no reverse when you look them from the glitter side. I cut one F, five A’s and 4 L’s. I was able to get them all on only a couple sheets of paper.
- I laid them all out face down spaced out how I wanted them to hang (in order of FALALALALA).
- I put a little bit of hot glue at the top of each letter and glued the jute down.
- Tip: I left probably 3 feet on both ends so I could stretch it across most surfaces (mantle, wall, window, etc).
This project is so easy-peasy that anyone can do it and it’s such a fun way to dress up your room for the holidays. Best part is you can customize it to say whatever you like 🙂
Hope you enjoyed this fun glittery tutorial. Happy Holidays!