DINING ROOM, KITCHEN, OFFICE

ECLECTIC HOMES SUMMER TOUR

Hello friends.  Hope you all had a nice Memorial Day Weekend.

Today I’m teaming up with some of your favorite eclectic style bloggers for a summer home tour series.  The series started yesterday and will continue through Friday.  If you’re coming from Charlotte’s home at Cirburbanity, welcome!  You’ll want to be sure to check the end of this email to click on over and tour the next home.  You’ll love it!

the striped house summer home tour kitchen

When I think of summer, I think of being outside.  In the pool, grill-outs, fireworks, outdoor concerts, beer & wine festivals, College World Series (it’s in Omaha ever June), and beers on the patio.  I would have loved to show you my deck, but with the constant rain we’ve had, staining my deck has been impossible.  So that will be a post for different day 😉

I looked around my house and decided it needed a bit brightening up.

I took out the animal print backdrops I made for my built ins around my fireplace.  I also took the faux fur rugs off my chair

dining room eclectic summer home tour
I trotted on over to Home Depot and At Home and bought some new plants and inexpensive pots.  Fingers crossed I can keep them alive through the summer…
plants dining room eclectic summer home tour

I have the best neighbors.  They also have a beautiful flowering bush in the FAR corner of their yard.  I have a lilac bush that smells divine.  And they have these beautiful pink blooms – so jealous!  Both bushes were in our yards when we moved in, so I’ve always been curious to know what the prior owner’s planting strategy was???

Anyway, they let me cut off a couple blooms for me to put on my little bar.  And since it is summer, the red solo cup shot glasses come out!

summer bar eclectic home tour the striped house

My living room is my problem room.  With that being said, you’ll only get a sofa and coffee table shot!  I added in some more pillow with bright color and bold prints.  I love the little gold flower pot I found at Hobby Lobby, and the contrast of the soft and fuzzy green plant inside.

living room eclectic summer home tour the striped house

You’ve probably seen my office before.  I really do love this room.  This picture probably looks pretty chaotic to you, but it’s definitely a working room.  It’s where I spend most of my time.  I’ve cleaned it up for previous photos, but hey, I’m being authentic 🙂  I added the pillow to my chair and more pink blooms to my desk.  I love the bag hanging on my chair.  It was a special treat to myself from Target.

office summer eclectic home tour

Here you can check out the rest of the participating blogger’s homes 😉

TUESDAY
Ciburbanity  |  The Striped House  |  Style Mutt Home  |  This is Our Bliss

WEDNESDAY
Copper Dot Interiors  |  {Home-ology} Modern Vintage  |  Up to Date Interiors  |  Bigger Than the Three of Us

THURSDAY
Rain on a Tin Roof  |  Pretty Practical Home  |  58th Water Street  |  Domicile 37

FRIDAY
Primitive & Proper  |  A Designer at Home  |  Suburban Bitches  |  Casa Watkins

I hope you enjoyed seeing my home!  I hope you got some ideas to brighten and lighten your home the summer 🙂

xo Jen signature

Amazon footer

You Might Also Like

Previous Story
Next Story

22 Comment

1. Reply
    Melissa George
    May 31, 2016 at 7:49 am

Love your tour, Jen! Adding fresh plants and flowers makes every space feel so happy and summery. And that bar cart is calling my name!

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      May 31, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Hey girl! Summer isn’t complete without a cold drink in our hands, LOL! Hope you’re coming to Haven so we can have a drink together 😉

2. Reply
    Jessica
    May 31, 2016 at 11:34 am

I love your home tour and how REAL your office looks! Your neighbors are so nice to allow you to snip some flowers and your greenery on the table looks so refreshing. I love it all. Your house has a nice bright feel even though your walls are black.

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      May 31, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Thanks Jess! I am so happy I could be part of this tour – it’s so much fun! Thank you for the kind words, and I’m glad you like my real office 🙂 For sure, my neighbors rock my socks off!

3. Reply
    cassie @ primitive & proper
    May 31, 2016 at 12:40 pm

such a bold and fun tour- i love how bright it all is!

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      May 31, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Thanks so much Cassie! I can’t wait to see your home this week. I am in heaven seeing everyone’s homes 🙂

4. Reply
    sarah
    May 31, 2016 at 3:10 pm

That marble coffee table is killing me! It’s so HOT it sizzles 😉 Pinning that bad boy so I can enjoy it vicariously. Your home is just lovely!

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      May 31, 2016 at 9:36 pm

Thanks Sarah! LOL, I love that you love my coffee table! It’s definitely a keeper 🙂 Can’t wait to see your home tour this week!

5. Reply
    Kristy
    May 31, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Your house style is so sophisticated and I’m in awe… LOVE ALL OF IT!

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      May 31, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Thanks lady! You’re the sweetest 🙂 Can’t wait to see your face!

6. Reply
    Charlotte Smith
    May 31, 2016 at 7:57 pm

OK. I love the whole tour and all the little touches like the buddha and the peonies and the styling, but the big take away for me was that bag you have hanging on your desk chair? Is that wrong?! 🙂

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      May 31, 2016 at 9:33 pm

You might be my fashion soul sister! You should have seen me in Target reasoning with myself as to why I should buy it for myself 😉 You should go to Target and get one of your own – you won’t regret it!

7. Reply
    Cate Henderson
    May 31, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Those pops of yellow in the living room are my jam!!! Loved the tour and where’d you get that faceted terracotta planter on the hearth in your dining area???

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      May 31, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Hey Cate! I got those terra-cotta planters at At Home. They were on clearance for $10 so I bought two! You can never go wrong with bright yellow, I got that big yellow pillow at HomeGoods. Loved your home!

8. Reply
    ashley@biggerthanthethreeofus
    June 2, 2016 at 8:13 am

Bold and stunning. I adore the peek at the office area… I’d feel so inspired working in there.

9. Reply
    Angela, Blue i Style
    June 3, 2016 at 1:09 am

I just love your home, Jen! Everything about it! And I love all the pretty flowers and touches you’ve added for summer!

10. Reply
    Arielle | Scotch and Nonsense
    June 3, 2016 at 10:57 am

So good! Especially love your office. And the fresh flowers you added – always a nice touch!

11. Reply
    Sharon
    June 3, 2016 at 2:40 pm

Truly enjoyed your home tour! The fresh plants are lovely and make me want to run get some new plants today. I’m a fellow problem living room girl, too. We should talk. At least you’ve got a gorgeous coffee table in there to make you feel better.

12. Reply
    Rachael @ This is our Bliss
    June 4, 2016 at 9:27 am

Gorgeous tour, Jen!! Your bold style is beautiful— loved your bar cart, couch & office moments! Those pillows 🙂

13. Reply
    Kathy
    June 7, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Your office looks gorgeous and real! All the changes for summer are perfect. I love how dramatic your spaces are but chic and classic. Beautiful tour.

14. […] The Striped House […]

15. Reply
    Summer Home Tour - Polished Habitat
    September 11, 2016 at 8:36 am

[…] Blue i Style Polished Habitat Bright Green Door Maggie Overby Studios Tuesday Ciburbanity The Striped House Style Mutt Home This is Our Bliss Wednesday Copper Dot Interiors {Home-ology} Modern Vintage Up to […]