GET THE LOOK

MODERN TRADITIONAL SUMMER HOME TOUR

modern traditional summer tour The Striped House

Hello friends!  One of my favorite blogging friends, Jess from Domicile 37, has rallied together a group of bloggers who all have such beautifully decorated homes.  And we’re going to be sharing our homes “summer style” for you all.

I don’t change out much in my house as the seasons change.  I barely get my Christmas stuff up!  Last year, I did a summer tour and went nuts buying plants and pots.  I was pretty proud of myself since I have a black thumb.  I just threw out the last one of them last week.  Yep, killed em all.

So this year, no real plants.  But I found a few fakes that I really like!  The picked up the little Fiddle Leaf Fig plant for $25 at At Home.

modern traditional summer tour The Striped House

Shop the Post

And those two little tropical leaves – $0.99 each!  They were another At Home treasure find.

modern traditional summer tour The Striped House

The big photograph next to the leaves is one I took when I went to Peru on an Operation Smile trip back in 2007.

modern traditional summer tour The Striped House

I have a couple white coral decor pieces that I found in my “prop closet” aka, messy basement.

modern traditional summer tour The Striped House

The banana leaf pillows (they came as a pair) were a steal at Home Goods.  I found the pair for $19.99.  They are actually outdoor pillows which means they are cleanable!  I may move them outside or just keep them inside.  We’ll see 🙂

modern traditional summer tour The Striped House

Shop The Post

While I digging around in my basement, I found two little boxes of colored sea glass.  So I poured the glass, around a pillar candle, into this glass hurricane that I made years ago with a vase and candlestick from the dollar store.  I’ve had so many other things in this as a filler, so the glass seemed right for summer.

modern traditional summer tour The Striped House

I really hope you can check out the homes of the other blogger participants!

The links are all below the collage.  Every day this week more tours will go live at 7am CST.
Summer 2017 Eclectic Home Tour | Eclectic Interiors | Eclectic Homes | Boho decor | Vintage Eclectic decor | Bold Geometric decor | Maximalist style| Vibrant decor

Monday

Domicile 37 | Whimsical Blue Living | The Striped House | Bright Green Door

Tuesday

Cassie Bustamante | Jest Cafe | The Rath Project | Emmerson & Fifteen

Wednesday

Natasha Outside and In | Up To Date Interiors | Designing Vibes | PMQ for Two

Thursday

Jessica Brigham | This is Our Bliss | CAD Interiors | French & French Interiors | Maker of Home

Until next time, Happy Summer!

You Might Also Like

Previous Story
Next Story

22 Comment

1. Reply
    Cassie
    June 5, 2017 at 7:03 am

jen, i love the tropical touches! your shelf styling is spot on!

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      June 5, 2017 at 10:20 pm

Thanks lady! I’m always chasing that perfect shelfie 😉

2. Reply
    Sandy
    June 5, 2017 at 7:05 am

I love all the plants and the pops of color! Your house is so pretty!

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      June 5, 2017 at 10:22 pm

Thanks Sandy! I’m a former black & white addict, so it’s kinda surprising that I am into color now! I kinda love it 🙂

3. Reply
    Jessica
    June 5, 2017 at 9:43 am

there is so much fun going on in this space and it looks totally different from last summer. I love the tropical feel and the green hues mixed into the space.

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      June 5, 2017 at 10:21 pm

Thanks Jessica! Phew, I’m glad it looks different than last year. I always think my house looks the same, LOL!

4. Reply
    Lizzie | Emmerson & Fifteenth
    June 5, 2017 at 10:04 am

You’ve got serious shelfie game going on. And there is no shame in faux, not at all – it’s all gorgeous!

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      June 5, 2017 at 10:24 pm

haha, thank you for the virtual faux plant hug 🙂 I seriously should never buy another real plant again! Can’t wait to see your home this week!

5. Reply
    Designing Vibes
    June 5, 2017 at 1:45 pm

Bahaha…every day that goes by with my plants still living, I pat myself on the back. I totally feel your blackthumb pain. I am so in love with your styling….you really have a gift for the details. Love !

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      June 5, 2017 at 10:25 pm

We should have a blackthumb blogger support group! kidding, not kidding… 😉 Thank you for your sweet words! I can’t wait to see your house this week 🙂

6. Reply
    Jessica
    June 5, 2017 at 4:11 pm

Oh, I’m loving the vibe of your home. White brick fireplaces get me every time!!! The lucite with the tropical pillows, too … ugh, I die!! I can’t believe you found those palm leaf pillows for $20!!!! Sucha steal. Also, I’d like to second Lizzie … shelfie game is on point, sista! 😍🌿👊🏻

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      June 5, 2017 at 10:28 pm

Oh sister, if you knew what that fireplace looked like before, you would faint. It was so dang ugly and depressing! I found one product that did it all and I couldn’t paint it on fast enough! LOL So excited to see your home tour 🙂

7. Reply
    Mila
    June 5, 2017 at 6:07 pm

That shelf has everything just right!

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      June 5, 2017 at 10:28 pm

Thanks Mila! So excited to see your home tour this week! XO

8. Reply
    Carol @ CAD INTERIORS
    June 5, 2017 at 10:19 pm

Your home decor is so fresh, perfect for the summer! I’m tempted to pick up some faux plants since I have a black thumb too. Great job with the styling!

1. Reply
      Jen @ The Striped House
      June 5, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Go for it! Get the faux plants! I’ve decided I should never get a real plant again – it’s a total waste of money that I could spend on things for my bookshelves, ha!

9. Reply
    Pamela
    June 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

I am fairly new here but loving what I see. I have always been a fan of black and white and I see a lot of nods to that classic here too. I am also obsessed with that banana leaf print and you got them at Home Goods? I have been to both of our HG’s and haven’t seen them but I did pick up a couple of jade green throw pillows that I think will be my change up in the living room for summer. 😀 Great pics and plenty of inspiration here. Thank you.

10. Reply
    Pamela
    June 6, 2017 at 8:54 am

Love the black and white with pops of color. Gives it a great summer vibe. Thanks for sharing.

11. Reply
    Heather
    June 6, 2017 at 9:14 pm

What a great tour! Soooooooo pretty!!!

12. Reply
    Ariel
    June 7, 2017 at 10:45 am

Lovely spaces, as always! Pinned! Also, is that a red whom chair I see the corner of?!

13. Reply
    Rachael @ This is our Bliss
    June 11, 2017 at 3:11 pm

Jen, I always love getting a peek inside your home! The styling is stunning and I love all of the personality in each nook and cranny! The sea glass looks beautiful as a filler and all of the black, white and gold makes me so happy!

14. […] 37 // Whimsical Blue Living // The Striped House // Bright Green […]