I have been waiting for this makeover for so long! It’s finally time to give my living room the makeover it deserves. This was one of those rooms that I couldn’t decide how I wanted it to look. I like a lot of things, which may be part of the problem. I could never find a place to jump off from, to get me going.
Behold, the room of …BEIGE. Y’all, I don’t even know how this happened. My walls, sofas and carpet are all the same color. In my defense, the gross carpet was there when I moved in. But I picked out the wall color and the sofas. How did I not see this happening?
Sorry for the dark pictures. I remembered to take these at night.
This room is at the front of my house. That window faces the street. Pretty sweet mini blinds, eh?
On the other side of the left wall is my dining room. That’s my office over to the right.
I have a split level, and the front door and stairs are on the right side of the photo. That’s Toby, photo bombing the pic.
Toby is the only one who sits ON that chair, period. I had it custom made years ago. Paid way too much money for it. And was tired of the print six months after I had it.
Goals & Plans for my living room makeover:
- New flooring
- Look at Bazaar Velvet contemporary rugs frequently asked questions so I know more about the what rug will be perfect for me.
- Make the room feel brighter
- Clean and/or replace the window
- New furniture that is my current style. Take my TV stand for example, I need to get myself a modern TV unit with storage. My current TV stand has got to go!
- Improve the lighting situation
- Move the TV so it’s not what you see from the street. I would also like to buy myself a more modern TV unit with storage. My current TV stand takes up too much room, and it just doesn’t fit into the room, it has got to go!
- Replace the ugly metal mini blinds
- Paint the baseboards – no more ugly oak!
Here is my inspiration for my makeover:
Photo Credits: Top Photo: Domino (older issue – 2008?) Center Photo: Amelia Widell, Bottom Photo: Architectural Digest
I hope you all join me during the next six weeks as I post updates on my living room for the One Room Challenge. This will be my 4th time participating. The first time I did my master bedroom. The second time I did my guest bedroom. The third time almost killed me when I attempted to do my garage while I was having my front yard re-landscaped and gave myself bronchitis.
You can stay updated on my living room when you subscribe below!
See you all again soon, XO