Hello friends, I hope you all had a good weekend. Mother Nature was up to her antics again so we got some snow. I spent a lot of time working on my kitchen refresh. If you’re new to The Striped House, I’m halfway through a mini kitchen makeover focusing on the seating area of my kitchen. You can still catch up on Week 1 and Week 2. I did a major overhaul on my kitchen almost 10 years ago. I don’t use the seating area of my kitchen a lot, so I never really paid much attention to it. I committed to making my home fully functional and comfortable this year, so it was time to tackle the space 🙂
Here’s what I’ve accomplished since last week:
- The light is hung and the ceiling medallion is up
- The roller blinds are installed
- The framework of the box hiding the blinds is up
- I found a cruelty-free countertop paint company, so the paint to refinish the tabletop is enroute
- A new rug for by the sliding door is also enroute
- I’ve ordered a faux plant to go in the corner. (I’ve given up on real plants. Too much responsibility for this busy gal.)
- I’ve got an upholsterer waiting in the wings for when my chairs are delivered on Tuesday.
What I Still Need to Do:
- Fill the hole in the ceiling left from where my old light was hanging
- Finish painting the floating shelves
- Pick out fabric for chairs
- New stool for countertop?
- Make up my mind on artwork, the struggle is real…
- Caulk, paint and add final piece of box around roller blind hardware
- Finalize plans for fabric on blinds. I keep going back and forth. I bought some fabric, but now I’m questioning my choice…
T minus 3 weeks!!!